Tonisito M.C. Umali, Esq.
Some of USec. Tonisito Umali’s Credentials in his more than 20 years as a public servant:
• Passed the California State Bar Examinations on February 2004, took oath, and admitted to practice law and as member of the California State Bar on June 1, 2004;
• Admitted to practice federal law in the United States Federal Court Eastern, Southern and Central District of California;
• Admitted as member of the American Bar Association in 2004;
• Finished Bachelor of Science in Legal Management at the Ateneo de Manila University and completed Juris Doctor degree at the Ateneo Law School;
• Conferred a Doctorate Degree in Public Administration, Honoris Causa by the Polytechnic University of the Philippines on April 15, 2015;
• Featured by the Philippine Star as one of the most accomplished and notable Filipinos who best represent the state of the Filipino today;
• He is a former part time lecturer at the Graduate Program of the University of the Philippines, National College of Public Administration and Governance (UP-NCPAG) and at the Polytechnic University of the Philippines (PUP), Master in Educational Management (MEM) and Doctor in Educational Management (DEM);
• Presently, he is the Undersecretary for Legislative Affairs, External Partnerships and Project Management Service of the Department of Education.